Thanks to the lovely and talented Sandra Bunino, for tagging me — it’s my first time participating in the The Lucky 7 MEME!
Okay so what exactly is The Lucky 7 MEME? Here’s how it works:
▪ Go to p. 77 of current WIP
▪ go to line 7
▪ copy down next 7 lines/sentences & post them as they’re written
▪ Tag 7 other authors
▪ Let them know
Like Sandra, my WIP is a novella, so I’m going to include page 7 of my WIP “Weekend Assistant.” In this snippet, I’m flashing back to the moment Kate and Adam went from friends to lovers. Here’s my seven!:
- “Aren’t you going to tell me a story?” he asked as he gently clasped my ponytail, sliding the rubber band down as he ran his fingers through my hair.
- “Adam?” I started slightly as he picked up my hair, forming another ponytail with his fist.
- “I’ll start…once upon a time, there was a girl named Katie – she had sky blue eyes, and her hair was so golden that even the sun was blinded when she was near. She didn’t know it but she was the prettiest girl in all the lands…”
- “Oh you didn’t tell me you wanted to hear a fairytale,” I laughed and tried to pull away slightly, but my hair was still wrapped around his hand.
- “She smelled like the sweetest dessert any man had ever tasted, and her skin was like the finest silk, smooth and delicate…” I shivered involuntarily as he slipped his other hand inside of my pajama top and began running his fingertips up and down my bare back.